Careers @ WISEdash Local
Data Warehouse Support Specialist
WISEdash Local is seeking a Data Warehouse Support Specialist to join our team! Job duties will include the integration and reporting of Wisconsin Information System for Education (WISE) data to our member districts and our operations board. You will continuously develop, implement and support the WISEdash Local consortium’s data warehouse across our member district using reporting tools to collect, maintain and report on multiple datasets to enhance K-12 student learning and assure adherence to guidelines and regulations for federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- SQL experience; analyzes end user needs and designs metrics and dashboards to support those needs; understanding of application security as it relates to providing access to content within the Dashboard, such as metrics or linked Business Objects report
- Provide technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of tickets in WISEdash Local’s Helpdesk.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory; structure, navigation, objects, etc.
- Experience with Google Products such as Drive, Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Meet, Calendar and other Workspace applications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, including planning & troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate technology concepts and information to non-technical audiences. Participate in the interaction with clients, vendors, and user groups as required.
- Thorough knowledge of database architecture and tuning; experience in programming and stored procedures; understanding of version control requirements and implications.
- Provide support for critical systems during normal business hours and occasionally outside of normal business hours when required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines. Capable of working independently and efficiently on several tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Wisconsin’s K-12 “business rules” environment, district data reporting, and communicating with a range of customers including state and federal partners; able to apply data warehouse concepts and standards to new designs within this framework.
The preceding list of responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the project’s developments.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience as determined by the WISEdash Local consortium.
- Strong experience interfacing with MS SQL.
- Previous data warehousing experience is preferred.
Position requires adaptability. Some inflexible deadlines, some time on the weekends and evenings in excess of regular-scheduled work day may be required if the system(s) experience downtime. Position requires sitting, standing, walking, carrying, lifting, filing, hearing, speaking, writing, keyboarding, extended prolonged exposure to video display terminal and reading off of a computer monitor. May require occasional travel using own transportation.
This non-represented statewide position reports to the WISEdash Local Operations Board and Database Administrator. CESA 12 is the employer, however, work location to be determined with telecommuting and work-from-home options.
$35,000 – 45,000 Annual Salary
Salary to be negotiated based upon qualifications and experience. Benefit and fringe package includes Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, State Retirement System employer contributions, paid sick leave and paid vacation leave, and a gym membership reimbursement perk.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three letters of recommendation to:
Sarah Nelson, CESA 12, , 715-682-2363 Address : 618 Beaser Ave., Ashland, WI 54806